Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Book 7 - The Book of Virtues


The 7th book on my Empty Shelf, "The Book of Virtues" by William J. Bennett, is a book I have been reading to my nephew before his nap time every time I get the chance to keep him :) It has 2 children on the cover, and in every aspect appears to be a book for children. Well, you know what they say, "Don't judge a book by it's cover." He is young enough, his mom & I felt, that I went ahead & finished the book with him. However, this book may not be appropriate for older children who can understand a little more what you are reading them. All the stories have good 'Virtues' in the over all theme, but some of them are a little rough getting there. For example one of the 'faith' stories was about a priest who was in a concentration camp during the holocaust. He gave up his life to save the life of another man, but to tell that story they gave some very detailed accounts of what people were going through in the concentration camp! So I would say this is a book for the more mature. The next book I read to Luke will be a little more child friendly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment