Friday, August 28, 2015

Def Leppard Concert

Last week Hubby & I got to go see Tesla, Styx, & Def Leppard at the Gexa Energy Pavilion!
Guy Fieri recently opened a burger stand inside the Gexa Pavilion, & I was super excited to try it out!
We got the Makin' Bacon (a cheeseburger topped with a "patty" of bacon) & the Johnny Garlic fries. Sadly, the cheeseburger was pretty much tasteless :( I had been so excited to eat a burger from "flavor town", but I'm pretty sure they didn't even season the meat! However, I would have eaten a vat of those fries! It's a good thing Hubby & I really love each other, because these are not date night fries! Fried to crispy perfection, then covered in fresh minced garlic, powdered parmesan, & fresh parsley, they were wonderful! We did not finish our burgers, but we licked the fry bowl clean ;)
I had never been to Gexa before, but thanks to Groupon we were able to get lawn seats, which were perfect! First we saw Tesla, who we had never heard of before, but once they started playing Hubby realized he knew several of their songs. Even though I didn't know any of the songs, they put on a great concert! Next was Styx, who I have never been a fan of, until this concert! They also put on a great show! Which made Hubby very happy, he never understood how I didn't like them :)
Lastly, the reason I was so excited, we saw Def Leppard! I love their music, but not just that, I have always had a special place in my heart for drummers ( I did play percussion in Jr High & High School band!). So I have always wanted to see how this talented drummer plays using his feet & only one arm! The concert was awesome! & Rick Allen did a drum solo that had the whole place on their feet cheering! This was a night to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment