Monday, August 3, 2015

Whole Wheat Germy Pancakes

I woke up one Saturday morning & a Facebook pic of pancakes sent me to the pantry to see if I too could have pancakes for breakfast! I found this recipe thanks to Pinterest & tweaked it to work with the ingredients I already had :) What came from this sudden pancake craving was the best pancakes I have ever made! So I knew I needed to share the recipe with you before I forgot how I made them.

Whole Wheat Germy Pancakes ;)

2 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Natural Raw Wheat Germ
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
3 Tbsp Raw Honey
3 Eggs
2 Cups Soy Milk (Regular Milk is fine, Soy is what we had on hand)
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract

Sift together dry ingredients, then mix all ingredients together until no large lumps are left. If you want dinner plate sized pancakes as you see in the above pic, then freely pour your batter onto the griddle. If you prefer to think ahead, then grab a ladle & pour normal sized pancakes :) Flip when the batter starts to bubble on the top, then remove when center is firm to the touch. I enjoyed these with butter & honey on top, Hubby used butter & syrup, both ways were yummy & filling for our Saturday breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment