Sunday, August 2, 2015

Woodcreek Brewing

This weekend is Woodcreek Brewing grand opening in Rockwall, TX. Hubby & I went with his parents to check it out.
They had 6 beers for us to try & between the 4 of us, we tried them all.
I am facinated by beer taps, they come in such different styles!
I started with their New Horizon Wheat beer, which came with a small slice of orange. This was a very tasty beer, great to sit out in the summer sun & drink. Which is good, because there was plenty of summer sun yesterday!
They had Matt J. playing music for us, with his guitar, harmonica, & looper effects pedal, he truly was a one man band :)
The next beer I tried was their Texas Star Bock. I felt like this was closer to a stout than what I consider a Bock. However, I do love stouts :) Half way into it, I decided I needed something sweet alongside my Bock. Opa! Greek Taverna was there & had a yummy looking baklava, which Hubby & I split. It's looks were not deceiving, honey soaked & flaky, this was exactly what this beer called for :)
I saved the best for last! Their Vanilla Porter was smooth, dark, & divine! I would go back for this beer!
Look out for Woodcreek beers in your Dallas drinking spots soon, they know their stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment